Monday, September 9, 2013

How crappy this community has become

Morgwai KotarbinskiPrivate_message
As you know CS is an open community. This means that EVERYBODY can join. Some people who join are nice and honest, some are dishonest. Some are smart and some are stupid. And it's very important to understand the consequences of these facts. If you want to take an offense at the whole community, because of the actions of some particular individual then you are basically childish and probably not grown up enough to use the internet. Really. Please calm down and rethink your post.

That's the general note to take, now talking about your particular situation I don't actually see any big problem: just leave a negative reference to the person you think was not fair with you and forget it. If the person in question is indeed dishonest and/or stupid then over time she/he will get more negative references and nobody will be taking him/her seriously. Problem solved: that's what the reference mechanism is for.
Austin UptoNoGoodPrivate_message
You probably don't understand what I was trying to say. I dont really care if its a lie. I just want people to know I'm not trying to hide anything . Set facts straight. Get to know other people before you actually listen to bullshit :)

The CSer i replied to kindly share the message to me and I'm quite surprised that someone actually willing to go that far, create a fake account somewhere from Thailand and go through my reply to CS and send private messages warning them.


Hahaha. Such childish. Think of a better prank, that was my personal message to that person.

Make no mistake, I don't hate all of you, I just get fed up from a lot of BS that happened lately. And please I've been here long enough to know how to deal with internet troll.
Austin UptoNoGoodPrivate_message
P/s: Say hi to Phuong Do for me too next time you have overnight bonfire with her in Nha Trang :)
Morgwai KotarbinskiPrivate_message
> Say hi to Phuong Do for me too

I can see from the references that you had some kind of misunderstanding, so please tell me what's the reason of your sarcasm towards me?

> Make no mistake, I don't hate all of you
(...)
> And please I've been here long enough to know how to deal with internet troll.

all 3 of your posts in this thread make me think otherwise. Please do really stop digging it deeper now and rethink the matter tomorrow again. There's no need for getting angry.

> that was my personal message to that person.

then you probably should use private message mechanism instead of the public forum.

Austin UptoNoGoodPrivate_message
take it as whatever you want or think of whatever you want dude ;) . I don't think I am angry, but you are right, sarcasm and me go hand in hand :P
Morgwai KotarbinskiPrivate_message
so let me repeat my question: was there any specific purpose/reason of your sarcasm towards me that I don't understand or you did you just do it to be not nice to me?
Austin UptoNoGoodPrivate_message
Nah, just asking you to pass a hi, how are you to Phuong Do next time you saw her for me :) I'm sure she's b thrilled.
Morgwai KotarbinskiPrivate_message
So now you are telling me that your remark about Phuong was not actually supposed to be sarcastic (in contrary to what you said that sarcasm and you go hand in hand) and then add a clearly sarcastic remark that she must be thrilled. I'm sorry but you don't make any sense here...
As you are unwilling to give me any reason for your sarcasm, I assume you just wanted to be unkind.
Phoenix DoPrivate_message
Re: the money monkey austin
Oh well, so you support him.

Every CSs, especially local Viet CSs has a "shy start" on CS. This one may have been a nice in-confident one at the beginning. and after years collecting references, now he thinks he has the right to decide everything about the community of Viet CSs as if he was a communist police. Communist police? you know what i mean. He would try to flagged commercial posts (I dont like such posts either) but he himself now posts commercial events , with an attempting to draw foreigner tourists/CSs to the bars for paid salary (of course), or try ruin events/meet-up hold by other local CSs by telling lies about the host because he wants to win the number of participants. It was like a "western chasing" competition honestly. and the way he did to win is dirty. I know he gains interests for his talent in speaking English, drinking alcohol, being a self-centered clown and has tooo much spare time running after backpacker's parties (wow, at this point im really jealous because i never have time for such parties.).

I would never interfere into ppl' business unless they interfere in mine. After his threaten to hit me in CS meetings, I tried to make it into Vietnamese because it is a private matter between two of us, not a CS thing anymore. That made him think i was afraid of loosing face and my English ability was not good enough to fight against him, so this one turned it into a opposite lying reference about me, tried to make him a poor victim after his bullying on a woman before the whole CS community.

Obviously this young guy has been doing so much efforts to imitate western-style. But look, his rude attitude towards women is still very traditional. Lol. If you ever see him around, please transfer my words that: He should avoid my way, because I am not scared of women bullies. And this is serious. In Vietnam, we call a younger one who dares to have sassy words to older sisters "thằng mất dạy" or "hỗn láo".

I know what you are doing Steven. and I bet we talked once.

Thank you for your reply. Ill have a look at your project.

Gudluck and have a nice day.

from Honey Badger dont care.



Steven Wiig wrote:
I've known Austin a long time, actually I knew him when he first started CS, and he was still a shy vietnamese boy who didn't even drink! haha. I know he makes money in many ways, but I don't believe he does CS to make money. I don't see him much anymore, we have different crowds and interests. You and his 'comments' are pretty amazing.. he is a dick sometimes, yes, but he's Austin. I know he has many viet friends, but true he usually likes western style more than his own. which isn't bad, anyone can like anything they want, but he should not be rude like he was. sorry about that!

i respect your views on men abusing women, and I know it's a serious issue in VN and shouldn't be joked about.

Just one thing, try not to focus on the negative. Let it be, life is fucking amazing so don't let others make it bad. Sometimes people need that 'thing' to be pissed off at, but really it's just a waste of energy.

welcome to join my friends and my project if you're around :) https://www.facebook.com/greenyouthcollective


Phoenix Do wrote:
You are helping Austin, this money monkey to earn money. Lol. CS is a website for this guy to earn money. He maybe good to you foreigner ppl, but if you look at his attitude towards local CSs, that is horrible.
Austin UptoNoGoodPrivate_message
This has bored me, can you guys come up with something better. Using my friend to get to me won't make you a better person. In this case it backfired - applied water to burn area please.

I have never threatened to hit you, you were the one who has the idea of me hitting you and obsessed with it. I probably have more girl friends than you would ever had in your life and I don't force anyone to hangout with me. I'm not sorry you are pissed off because you don't understand a joke. NONE OF THE THINGS YOU SAID EVER HAPPENED.

Phuong, you might don't know but most of the CS you wrote to bull shiting about me has forward the email it to me but I don't even be bother until now - since I have other better jobs to do.

You said you wanted to make it private, come meet me in public? Private message cursing at me in vietnamese languages are not "solving the problem" and it's not a "sorry" . You are obviously looking for more attention.


Have a nice day.

P/s: Next time, please put your message in a correct order. I was so confused when I read your post.


Morgwai KotarbinskiPrivate_message
@Austin, I'm sorry that I thought you were trying to be unkind with your sarcasm: now I understand, but couldn't have known it before and you were unwilling to explain that this is Phuong whom you had yet another misunderstanding with.

Still I don't see a reason for making a personal issue between the 2 people a public thing.

@Phuong, the same remark applies to you: there's no reason for going for public thermonuclear war because of your misunderstanding with Austin. If you think he is doing something unfair, then just update your reference for him and let people decide for themselves.

@Both, let's NOT continue this thread here: it's pointless...
Luzcanita NguyenPrivate_message
i'm so messing when i read all post betwen 2 you, i just want Austin remain the spirit of CS, HELPFULL ,HELPFUL & HELPFUL, help as much as possible without receive any bussiness aim,if you aim to discount,you are just like other tourist or travel agent,it's not that much money but it make your spirit isn't pure anymore and it cause much missunderstanding like this.
bitshull starPrivate_message
Go ahead until all hell broke loose. Somebody has business, somebody has secret affairs. I'd rather you all go public here.
Benny TrinhPrivate_message
oh, what a new fun!
but it's time we should revise and control our Viet friendliness toward foreigners.
Morgwai KotarbinskiPrivate_message
interesting: could you elaborate?
Maya LePrivate_message
Please don't come Cs with any bad intentions behind volunteering faces .
Just my 2 cents .
Phoenix DoPrivate_message
Dear Morgwai, I cant call it an misunderstanding or a joke, after all rude words he wrote aiming at me and finally made a lying reference. I tried to make things in Vietnamese and this one translated in into English with a new story.

The one who has turned Viet CSs crappy and unfriendly is you Austin. Rudely attacked local's opinions, told lies about other CS's host events, chased away ads but now posting commercial events which violate the CS spirit..You have been acting patronizingly as if this community was all about you. So it is just fair to let ppl know that the other side of your "kindness" is being paid in term of money.

Bitshulstar (does that mean bullshit star?): You are very smart. But my number one rule: No affairs with CSs or any kind of tourist/backpackers!!! High risk of HPV haha. (joking : )) )
Austin UptoNoGoodPrivate_message
Your jokes was never funny Phuong. Sorry.

Please prove whatever you said is right. Otherwise, accusing people without prof is just blatantly stupid.

But yea enjoy your little happiness. This would be my last post before all the troll get here.

Other CS, if you want to know the real story, send me a message, otherwise I have the reason and the right to do whatever I did. Stop telling me what I can and can not do. Stating the obvious is not helping and welcome.
Phoenix DoPrivate_message
Most of your events posted here aiming at foreigner tourists (CSs is another great source for your pocket) whom you described as potential CS (or potential customer???) would take place in Broma, Cloud9, Bistro cafe,...where you could be paid on the number of guests you brought...The old posts maybe deleted by CS moderator now or by yourself to make a clean evident. What made your current event which collects 2milVND each participant (2milvnd) for a 3 day road trip different from commercial purposes? You was an enthusiast person to flag such ads, so it is clear and fair to let ppl know that you are making money on them too. It is not a back stabbing. I thought of raising a warning in the public but you know the post will be shifted down and not all CSs should be bothered with it. Anyway it is ppl choice to spend money on you or not.

You told lies about a guy's meet-up inviting to ppl to join a street food match and removed his post, for you want to gain the number of attendants to your paid event as you said in some posts. The guy gathers ppl every week, whether you are local or backpackers to join him street food dinner. He was not trying to compete you. He does not get even a cent for this, not like you. Not only him, i have seen you bad manner towards local amateur events hosted by other locals.

I did not know you until you ran into me with foul mouth and finally threatened to hit me. I was a new CS and just focused on giving ppl's answers n suggestion rather than go to an alcohol party to see a monkey's performance several times a week. I bet you have earned a big money plus free drinks/meals from here.

There is no wrong with making money but what you have done to promote yourself is not nice. And it is funny how you turned it from threatening to hit me (as ppl can read it from my profile, couchsurfing experience session, it is exact quote of what he wrote to me, i just copied and pasted it) into an absolutely opposite story as a victim.

What are you going to do Austin? Use your unique right as a moderator to close down my profile to make you clean?
Morgwai KotarbinskiPrivate_message
@Phuong, this is a serious accusation now: if this is really the case you should disclose the identity of the person whose post about "competing" meat-up was deleted and ask him to confirm this story here.
Benny TrinhPrivate_message
Chả ra cái trò gì khi các thành viên CS tại TP.HCM tranh cãi nhau chuyện đón tiếp CSers và có lợi dụng kinh doanh hay không và chuyện ai nói giỏi tiếng anh hơn?

Tại Thái lan và một số nước cũng có thành viên CS mở quán cafe đón tiếp CSers ở miễn phí và bán cafe hay đồ ăn, nhưng cái đó là ok vì ai ăn cũng phải mua, trả tiền và CSer kia phục vụ nhiệt tình, giá rẻ, phòng cho ở miễn phí là ok. còn các bạn tại sao lại đem chuyện này lên đây tranh cãi mà k sợ người nc ngoài , CSers khi dễ và nghi ngờ về cộng đồng CS ở VN ha? đừng tưởng người ta ngây thơ, dễ dãi ha, chỉ một lần thôi ng ta sẽ đem chuyện này ra nói ở nc họ hay các mạng xả hội khác như FB, Twitter...

Chuyện Austin làm kd hay không thì tôi k cần quan tâm nhiều, chỉ cần cậu ta đưa người ta đi ăn uống vui vẻ và k đưa tới chỗ bị chặt chém là đc rồi, còn chuyện chủ quán có gửi huê hồng cho Austin hay ai đó không thì là chuyện làm ăn, cách bán hàng, giữ khách của quán, k.sạn đó. Nhưng có điều đáng lưu ý là : Nếu một CSer nào đó kiếm tiền bằng DV này thì cũng sẽ có ng khác làm theo, ai cũng phải kiếm tiền để sống và một khi có vài ng cùng lấy CS làm kd thì sẽ sinh ra cạnh tranh > đố kị lẫn nhau như một số câu chuyện trên > sự nghi ngờ của du khách, ng nc ngoài vào lòng hiếu khách, nhiệt tình của người VN.
Còn vấn đề tổ chức event/sự kiện, meeting/ gặp nhau thì cứ rõ ràng mục đích ai thấy phù hợp thì tham gia.
Tốt nhất là cứ để CS "ngây thơ" , phiêu lưu và bụi bặm như các lữ khách vạn dặm của nó.

Vì vậy tôi nghĩ đã tới lúc xóa các chủ để trên và thảo luận trực tiếp với nhau bên ngoài hoặc qua email của nhau.

Chúc vui vẻ.
Morgwai KotarbinskiPrivate_message
can I ask for English version, please?
Tin NguyenPrivate_message
Benny Trinh, i love you
Khang NguyênPrivate_message
Big applause for Benni !!!
Phoenix DoPrivate_message
@Benny: You do not get the main meaning of the post. Use a dictionary.

@Morgai:
http://www.meetup.com/Saigon-Street-Foodies/members/82177152/?a=viewBioRsvpList_showBio

This is the guy. And yep, another meet-up network for you to enjoy :). I have not had chances to join his events though. I have had to stick with US/European time zone due to my job. Thats why I barely join meet-up which mostly happens in the evening.

He posted an event on CS months ago so that everyone could join. Austin came up to tell that the guy was lying about the number of guests and told ppl not to join and posted his own event link instead, with a comment like: No one has ever competed him about the number of attendant. And then the post of the guy was flagged as spam and removed. Austin repeated again again his voice every time there is one hold by a young local. I just laughed to myself about his childish action.

Hey, Ive been very busy and do not want to argue much on here to draw ppl attention. Ill fly out of VN in just a few days and its a quiet long trip so I won't have time to follow this topic at least 1 month.

Will you join Lee King's meet-up (his real name is Khang) and maybe you can ask him about the event was sabotaged by Austin. Unless he afraid of involving into problem with the "powerful Austin" (lol), he should tell the truth.

And once again, unless this guy told lies and tried to ruin my enthusiasm spirit to CSs community, i would never care of his money business which has been hidden under volunteering aspect.

Ive got so many help offers from CS of the countries I used to or going to visit and that's why I will be thinking of giving back.

@Austin: You do not know me. I do not know you. We just see each other thru the comments here. There's a chance to make things settle down: Remove your lying reference about me and i will do the same. If you want the fight to continue, you should know that Im not a tiring one, especially when i have to face lies against me.
Austin UptoNoGoodPrivate_message
Phuong, I cant believe how incredibly stupid you are and you sound.
https://www.facebook.com/SaigonPhuot

Please read carefully the post about the trip on the FB page.
The event I posted about the trip is the NON PROFIT one organized by my co-worker who love hitch hiking and traveling cheap by bike. 2mil you have to pay for them because they book your hotel, food, transportation back in ADVANCE. I myself didn't go so what benefit I could get?

I probably wouldn't give a shit about Lee King and his event if he didn't annoy the shit out of me and everyone because of his 3 posts everyday. I was at a lot of house party that he was at too so I know what is he been up to. All the time he would just running around and asking people over and over again to buy ticket and joining him at his event - thing that I would NEVER DO. Did you know that? No.

He also run this page PARTY in Saigon and post photos from events which are not HIS and making it looks like he did. https://www.facebook.com/pages/PARTY-in-Saigon/118817478293207?fref=ts . I hate it when people take the credit from something they did not do.
Attendee that he said is going are the one belong to other group friends of mine such as Bar Hoping, Dodgeball group,
Wake Up Saigon, Saigon Outcast.... which you can directly message them to confirm.

Unlike you, I don't remove my photos with "Honey Badger doesn't give a shit" , I don't explain myself on my CS profile the reason of my bad reference, targeting on me and go send people message privately to "warn people about how bad I am" "austinuptonogood is a money monkey" " do you really support him?" also spamming a group with post directly attack me. If people know me and defended me, you will get offended and send them angry posts and calling them stupid.

I don't have the moderator power since they removed all of the moderator and ambassador system. Even if I had them it would take a lot of flags for CS in order to remove them.


Grow up. You can count on me removing my reference about you...NOT. I got nothing to hide and I'm not scared of your little mind threatening game to me. Good luck with whatever you are doing. I'm sure you will go far.
Phoenix DoPrivate_message
I can see Threatening to hit a woman and calling her stupid makes you feel good. Lol. I will just do what i should do. It is fair to let ppl know the truth of your commercial kindness, after what you have done.
Phoenix DoPrivate_message
Hi Morgwai: You should join the guy (King Lee)'s meet-up once. Even though I have not showed up at his any street food match, i still have followed it by the email invitations and I believe the host does this for non-profit.
Tom ChristiePrivate_message
Hey guys,

I didn't want to comment but I'd really like to say something please.

Please can you continue this debate somewhere else. I have only met one of you but you are both awesome and positive at heart.

Phuong, I really like the way you are fighting for something that you believe in. It's nice to see someone mention women's rights and the CS spirit. I am sure you have a right to be heard and it sounds like you have been wronged in some way. But I don't believe Austin is a demon. I don't know what you said is right or wrong or wrong and right but I hope he didn't say bad things to you. And if he did I am sure it was from emotions and not from the heart. People and myself on here can vouch for him which is what cs is all about. Trusting positive reactions from other CS members.

And both of you have lots of lovely positive references which shows that you have been great with people! And only one negative...from each other ;)

Austin, you have been a really positive impact on CS and you have shown a lot of spirit in many different ways. It's a shame that this situation has tarnished that. But please keep the spirit!

You both have shown your care for the CS community. As you both know, the posts on the CS community are getting sillier and sillier every day...

- Members posting silly/racist remarks about other nationalities.
- People with no CS experience asking for miracle language teachers
- Feuding between CS members
- Trolls
- Can we be friends because I pretend that I have none in a city of 8 million people? people
- That guy who had a hatred of anything chinese
- People who make nationalistic remarks about protecting Viet nam against foreigners
- People who ignore viet members and only target foreign members

All of these kind of posts should be elsewhere and not on CS. We have to try and protect the CS spirit! It's for everyone and it is created for everyone!

And you both show a lot of concern for the CS spirit. But it's ironic because this situation is against the CS spirit. It's really obvious to see that when you are not emotionally involved. Your public argument hasn't done anything to create good vibes on CS.

I think it might help if you both chilled out for a couple of days to let your thoughts return to the present moment so you can return and hopefully make up :) Then you can use all that positive energy you have to make CS better!

Again, I really don't know anything about what happened or is happening and I know that you are both trying to get your voice heard about it but posts on here are starting to tire me and others!

Lets have a meet up and we will settle this with a pina colada and a a pillow fight! The winner buys the pina coladas ;)

Lets keep it positive amigos!

Chuc vui ve!

Ps. CS has changed my life in a really positve way. I hope it can do the same for others :)))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF24eQFe3hc

Phoenix DoPrivate_message
Remember that you ran into me. I had never argued with you. I did not know you!!! Why the fuck did you attack me for no reason and told lies about me? You chose the wrong one to bully. As long as you are using this site to make money from tourists, I will continue to notice them about your "kindness".

For sassy men (actually, are you mature enough to be called a man???) like you, Id prefer to give a slap. Cut me! and WATCH OUT YOUR BALLS. Lol. You dont deserve being a man. Shame on you.
Phoenix DoPrivate_message
@Tom Christie: If you were a woman being bullied by a man who took advantage of his reputation to cover the truth, what would you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment