Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Deep Inside Our Jelly Souls







  • Original Oatmeal
    but deep inside us, we all know God is real and that alone is the door into understanding that we have freedom to make individual decisions that are not dictated from national culture
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    we can learn to listen to God, but that is an individual journey; Larry is still learning--that is what he tells me.
  • Original Oatmeal
    deep inside us, we begin to hear the cry of the Holy Spirit when we do things that are eternally wrong, despite what popular opinion says
    we all have the potential and the access to the individual journey of living a better life
    Vietnam is without an excuse
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    we can make decisions, but it takes a lot of introspection to figure out how to go against the neighbors and family.
    we learn what to do from family approval or disapproval. the family system is strong there, like it probably was here in USA many yrs ago. I follow what my Mom taught me still.
  • Original Oatmeal
    that is not good
    if your mother tells you to kill people, you have to say no
    truth is not an ice cream flavor
    people have to think
    what is best
    obeying your parents can lead u to mediocracy
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    not obedience, she taught me principles that are relevant and correct.
    I shouldn't have married Bill when I was young, probably. My dad prevented me, because I respected him.
    I am here today, doing well, because I respected my parents.
    my Dad told me to get an abortion before Katie was born, I politely said "No". but was not mad at him because he did not understand.
  • Original Oatmeal
    there is a huge fundamental difference between following principles and following silly rules because principles are clearly much bigger than the parents and when the parents die, the kids begin to see that the principles will still be there after the parents are gone but the sill yrules will die with the parents
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    USA parents don't make adult children follow the "letter of the law" normally, but I can sympathize with a society that has practiced for many generations the system that children are under their parents until they get married. we need societal cohesion.
  • Original Oatmeal
    but that is bad
    because parents are not perfect
    u cannot follow your parents totally because your parents will make mistakes
    that is a fact
    for all have sinned
    means your parents sin too
    you cannot follow sin
    yor parents will command you to do sin
    you cannot follow sin
    Asians are bad to say that you must follow sin
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    what sin would they command. and in USA some parents order their kids to steal or sell drugs, and then they often refuse to.
  • Original Oatmeal
    sin is anything that is not the best
    sin is the lack of perfection
    all our righteousness is as filthy rags
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    it is not sin if God does not object.
  • Original Oatmeal
    means that everything we do is sin
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    that is too strict.
  • Original Oatmeal
    God objects to anything that is not perfect
    that is why Christ died for us
    we cannot be good
    Christ comes into us to help
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    Christians can do good, other people can't. our new nature can be good.
    we should not criticize people so strongly, the Holy Spirit convicts us
  • Original Oatmeal
    holy spirit helps us do more good.... helps us get better.... but we do not become perfect in our sinful bodies until on the other side of eternity
    i wrote 500 states
    by mistake
    i saw the mistake but decided not to fix the mistake
    to catch people's attention
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    perfect is holy, God said "be ye holy as I am holy". related to sanctification. ok about the states, it was funny.
  • Original Oatmeal
    we cannot be holy
    not yet
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    close enough
  • Original Oatmeal
    not anywhere close
    god is eternally better than us
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    that doesn't matter, we are the best humans we can be. that's all there is.
  • Original Oatmeal
    we are cursed with sin
    we are not in garden of eden
    we are flawed
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    WE ARE FLAWED but we can obey part of the time. we are little children, Mommy's don't get mad when child cannot do housework like she does.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I like to tell people things like:
    I need you to call your congressmen right now. There are congressmen who are aware of this, have seen the documentation — they need your support, they need your help…If we do not stand up, he is on a plane tomorrow or he is already gone.” – Glenn Beck
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    we are learning but God understands. otherwise I couldn't be a good enough wife either, bc I don't always guess correctly what Larry needs or wants.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    our helper planting half of the corn plants, but then he had to leave. I have to watch them and water them this afternoon before they get too droopy. I must learn to pay attention. Larry wanted me to plant garden last summer but I couldn't handle it emotionally.
  • Original Oatmeal
    lines are blurred between wants and needs
    corn is good
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    yes but that doesn't matter, I do what I can. I encourage him to do what is right. Yes, Larry didn't want to do corn, so I kept my mouth shut for 3 wks and then he figured it out all by himself.
    If I insisted on the corn, I probably wouldn't have any.
    are you learning lots of Vietnamese words??
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    what happens at the class, then?
  • Original Oatmeal
    i learn a little
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    is it hard?
  • Original Oatmeal
    at class
    it is hard
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I will pray for you.
    language can be a gift of the Spirit.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    one of the guys who played in the band occassionally had a fatal heart attack last week--what a shock.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    and as for the apartment, you must be willing to pay whatever you have to. that's the way life is.
    several women got much healthier lately, though.
    I found some shirts at Value Village to buy, that was a blessing, I changed up one size and the shirts I had for 15 yrs were no longer adequate.
    I have to forgive myself for gaining weight. I have to accept what I am and let God take care of it.
    I will not be fat bc I trust God---I look fairly normal for my age.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    are you going to sleep tonight?
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    just wondered.
  • April 23
  • April 24
  • Original Oatmeal
    I have a friend who can get my suitcase but the restaurant seems to not want anybody but me get the suitcase. I am not sure what to do because it seems that the restaurant stole my suitcase if I cannot send somebody to get it for me.
  • April 24
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    they don't trust the person who you are going to send, that is what I believe. The only way for them to be sure that you get your suitcase is to see you with it with their own eyes.
  • Original Oatmeal
    they do trust the person i sent because Andy's wife knows my friend really well
    this girl lives in Bac Ninh and goes to university in hanoi
    she goes to Papa Foods a lot
    she sells beauty items like makeup to Andy's wife..... and i met this girl at Papa Foods and they know that
    everybody at Papa Foods know that me and the girl are really good friends
    that is automatic trust
    I get kind of sick of the lies I hear people in Vietnam make. Like when kids say their dog ate their homework except that everybody does this here all of the time.
    I am always trying to reveal their lies by telling them, "No, because of this and that." But they do not seem to understand me
    the biggest lie is when people say "I CANNOT do this or that" and i say to them, that they really mean "I don't WANT to do this or that."
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I had to restart twice. also replanted the corn, cause our helper did it wrong cause he was in a hurry.
    I hear cannot when they mean will not or don't want to.
    can the girl from Bac Ninh talk to person at Papa Foods and convince him, maybe
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    ALSThe Pyramid of Control
    The main alien spaceship called the Tetrad obviously represents the pyramid of control, the Illumanti power structure, centered in Rome. Note throughout the film the Tetrad pyramid spaceship, is shown upside-down to the way a pyramid is normally. This is just like satanist turning the cross of religion upside-down to disrespect it, so the inversion of the pyramid is showing disrespect to the Illuminati power structure. Also inverting the pyramid now places the people who were at the bottom of the pyramid above those who used to control them, showing the gaining of power by the awakened people.O
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    t(he O was put at the end, stupid computer program)
  • Original Oatmeal
    interesting
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    22 minutes of I can't believe it could be true
    drudge report channel.
    we have band practice tonight, starts in about 1 1/2 hrs
    Larry was very pleased with how I planted the corn today
  • Original Oatmeal
    where do u get corn seeds?
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    organic corn seeds are ok, I think. I got some corn plants from "Organic Produce" which is an arm of Gethsemene Ministries; so I trust them.
    Organic is supposed to be nonGMO by definition.
    the last video claims that there are underground roads linking the white House with the Pentagon, etc.
    avoid Frito-Lay company to start with--that is dangerous corn products.
    Larry says we get to work on original songs this evening. Hopefully we will be travelling to nearby cities soon to help small churches with their worship service (the churches who don't have a worship band)
  • Original Oatmeal
    u go to normal stores to get organic seeds?
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I bought some at Fred Meyer. I just sent that last video link to Crystal and commented on her post that said "I have been warning against GMO since 2004 . . ."
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    the best seeds are called Heritage, second best is nonhybrid organic. these are original seeds like what my Dad used in the 1950's. I have to mailorder them, I think.
    I have been making turkey gravy to put on the rice for Larry's dinner.
  • Original Oatmeal
    u had bad feeling about GMO before 2004?
    hydrid organic is bad? hydrid is bad?
  • April 24
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    hybrid is a combination of foods, it could be bad. original is the only guaranteed safe.
    we had a very good practice and agreed for the band to meet again on Friday.
    Tanner is learning the bass part very quicky. this is only his second time with us. we are going to have him do yard work for us too.l
  • April 25
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I watered my baby lettuce plants this morning, they are delicate for a while.
  • April 25
  • Original Oatmeal
    good
    I learn history and biology from a youtube channel called Crash Course
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    crash course, hmmmm
    i hope it is accurate.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    Larry is at a friend's house for a while, but due home for dinner soon
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    i found your link about history just now
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    i have been searching many websites lately for applicable history.
    this looks entertaining already after 1 minute
  • Original Oatmeal
    Crash Course mentioned evolution and billions of years a few times.... but the rest of it is interesting
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    many people should probably watch this, especially your age
    i'll see if i can find any problems with it.
  • Original Oatmeal
    2 shows on that youtube... one about history and one about biology
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    many ideas are listed on the side panel, I noticed.
  • Original Oatmeal
    the show started a year or 2 ago by 2 brothers around my age
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    i saw chemistry. this is a good thing for nerds to do. thank you i will enjoy this
  • Original Oatmeal
    every week or so, a new history episode.... video... and a new biology episode done by the brother
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    reminds me of Bill Nye Science Guy and other PBS shows
    I will be watching this now.
  • Original Oatmeal
    the history show started with history of 3,000 BC or something and has been working its way to modern history i think
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    along with my prisonplanet and glennbeck
  • Original Oatmeal
    yes
    i remember bill nye
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    i learned some of this in college, i had to write papers about it.
    they seem to be very good at summarizing.
  • Original Oatmeal
    there is also a history show on TBN that u may have seen
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    you can take notes and you will know maybe as much US history as a person with a 4 yr degree!!
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    fantastic. I planted more today, never ending, watering and weeding and raking. celebrating my muscles which allow me to work.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    factories allow corporations to enslave people. unfair competition drives the individuals out of business and forces them to work as employees instead of self-employed.
    more production ultimately results in unemployment, fewer workers needed.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i have mixed feelings about all of thia
    this
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    money supply and demand remains constant, too many goods on the market equals lower selling price, and therefore less profit per item. then quality goes down because speed is emphasized.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    no responsibility for creating because we can't point to one person who made it. supervisors earn too much, workers don't get much, until they form unions; then non-union workers find out that they don't earn enough to buy the goods.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i like factories still
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    factories started out ok, but greed has largely destroyed what should have helped us. sometimes factories, such as steel, are necessary. but clothes should be more individual, and many other things too.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I'm going to have fun listening to all these lessons. while I am resting my muscles from gardening or ironing.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I should go back outside now and plant the other green peppers. It was our first hot day--75 is too warm for me. good thing I live here.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    done, getting dark. I just now quickly read about Michael J. Fox. he is acting again, has a new show, not sure about anything else yet; read it too fast.
  • Original Oatmeal
    i have seen him on Scrubs a few years ago
    he has been on TV a little here and there
    maybe he is getting better?
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    he has done some shows lately, but now he is starting his own show. He is playinjg characters who have parkinson's. he is still shaking too much.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    he said he can't be consistent enough to play a "normal" man.
  • Original Oatmeal
    playing himself
    like governor arnold does
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    yes, he is good at that, even the beginning on Family Ties
    i'm listening to war of 1812
    half listening
  • Original Oatmeal
    when i was like 5 years old i knew that the character fox played on family ties was having like anxiety, stress, maybe because the character was going to college
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I noticed it, you were a perceptive little kid
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    he acted hyper
    i was acting a little different at that age. too; muscle inconsistencies.
  • Original Oatmeal
    when i was 5 years i did not think if it was the actor or the character with the problems
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    i didn't at first, but he seemed different
    I thought maybe it was acting, too
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    sun finally went down
    chemistry is on now
    I heard about a UFO drill and am trying to find it.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    might be a disaster on April 28 in Los Angeles maybe near the airport, there was a drill yesterday.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    going to have to "Bing" search I guess. want to find out gov't plans ahead of time whenever possible. so far China's economy is slowing down; the world reaction is supposed to follow the sun towards Europe. I have heard that USA seems more dangerous than 3rd world countries, even. TSA flexing it "muscles" to see what it can get away with. I don't want to fly.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_cuSDxYb12k this might be it, haven't watched it yet. in Idaho it says.
    April 27 9am to 5pm in Moscow, ID; today is 4/25 Thursday 8:45pm
  • Original Oatmeal
    you like bing more than google search?
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I don't know, not compared much yet.
    I don't want to google because they report to gov't.















  • No comments:

    Post a Comment