Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Baby Thrown In Jail








  • July 18, 2012
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    pray for Joey. Robin called 911 Friday and sent him to the county jail! I gave Dad your phone number and Crystal's and two numbers for Katie and Guy. His court date seems to be set for Sept 7. and I guess right now he is homeless.
    we are planning to go fishing tomorrow morning.
  • July 19, 2012
  • Rick Arnold
    What did Joey do?
  • July 19, 2012
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    Robin claims that he tried to take her phone away when she was calling 911 on him. Robin says that he was trying to pin her in the kitchen. your Dad says that Joey was suffering from verbal abuse and that when Robin verbally abuses him he leaves the room. your Dad also said that apparently Joey also said something "wrong" to the policeman who arrested him.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I think Robin was mad at Dad for not kicking that "lazy son" out and decided to do it her way. I think he was framed and setup. and she was swearing at me while I was talking to your Dad on the phone yesterday.
  • July 20, 2012
  • Rick Arnold
    Well, sometimes it takes hard situations to get people to change. Hopefully, he'll decide to make changes in his thinking and life, or he will only come into more trouble in the future.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    but he still needs a place to live and time to find a job. and there are thousands of men who cannot earn enough money to pay for an apartment.
    he needs counseling to discover what he did wrong and how to change.
    i hope the mission has space for him.
    I don't understand this society that throws away its relatives and forces strangers to take care of them, or rights them off as a lost cause.
    spelled "writes" incorrectly]
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    we can send Joey postcards with a preprinted stamp. Washington County Jail, Joseph S. Arnold, 215 SW Adams Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97123
  • Rick Arnold
    I would do anything to help Joey, but he won't listen to anything I say. He has had several years to find a job, but he doesn't want to, he wants to live his own way. I know what he is going through, because I went through the same thing when I was homeless. I was thinking the wrong things about life, that people owed me and needed to take care of me, and being homeless was what taught me that I needed to take responsibility for my life. And later, a couple older men in my life, taught me the type of things I needed to do to take responsibility for my life. But travelling from friend to friend expecting them to take care of me never would have taught me responsibility. Joe has had people in his life that he could have learned responsibility from, but he didn't choose to. And that is why he is in the situation he is in, and if there was anything I could do to help him, I would. But helping him is not going to help, because he has to learn how to help himself.
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    but you can send him a postcard. your dad is going to find out what Joey has to do and when he can come back if he wants to. and he can still do yardwork. but, yes, maybe he will try harder to get a job now.
  • November 4, 2012
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    I don't think I have your Dad's current phone number. I want to make sure he is ok, because he didn't let me know what happened to Joey, whom I haven't heard from since Oct 28. i have already lost some sleep over this.
    joey always writes me back on facebook !!!
  • November 4, 2012
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    Jacquline Cliff says he is ok, just now. but I still probably should be able to contact Don, just in case.
    I wrote to Joey just now, I hope he can write back to me. this Jacquline lives in another country, I think.
  • November 5, 2012
  • Rick Arnold
    Well, I am sure he is okay. Problem is he is an adult now and has to take care of himself. He has a lot of issues like I had in 2003/2004 and finally had to take the advice of other people and learn how to overcome my problems. It took me a while to come to that point. But hopefully that time comes for Joe soon.
  • November 6, 2012
  • Marilyn Mitchell
    he has to live somewhere to get a job. and he really wanted to teach English.













  • No comments:

    Post a Comment